Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quick Football

Hey Folks-

I got back from LA yesterday to find an 80 degree drop in temperature. That was a fucking kick in the teeth.

So anyway, I'm pretty tired still, and I may have more to say tomorrow, but here we go... Conference Championship Games

AFC
RAVENS @ STEELERS
PICK: Well... I've been pretty impressed with Baltimore's defense all through the playoffs, and really Joe Flacco has held his own. I was skeptical about their ability to score against the Tennessee D, which I thought was 2nd in the league to the Steelers, but they managed enough to let their defense run the game. In any case, I don't think the Steelers offense is good enough to score enough points on the Ravens defense to make up for the at least one defensive touchdown the Ravens will score. RAVENS

NFC
EAGLES @ CARDINALS
PICK: Frankly, I don't care much about this game, aside from that I've now picked against the Cardinals twice and they've made me look silly twice. That and there's something Simmons says about bandwagon picks that makes me have an ominous feel regarding the Eagles. Oh... and if the Cardinals win, something really good happens at work. CARDINALS

No comments: