Tuesday, September 22, 2009

28 Days to Disney: Carnivore's Delight


Hey Folks-


I've never made it a secret that I've struggled with my eating habits over the years. It's been an up and down thing for me ever since I can recall. Then I had my surgery, and while really, really limited still as to what I can eat, I'm not having the same struggles.

Sometimes, and I'll admit it's not often, but sometimes I really wish I could just eat whatever again. Even if for just one day. I watch those Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives episodes and all I want is to eat like a whole plate of some greasy bacon ranch fries, or some crazy burger creation that Guy chows on.

I used to really want to try one of those giant serving contests. Like the 72 ounce steak or the 12 egg omelet. Those dreams are a thing of the past though (along with about 200 pounds of me that reminds me how dumb some of those urges really are...

That's neither here nor there. One of the things I'd eat on my 1 day of food freedom is something I had plenty of chances to try when I could, and yet I never did.

The Walt Disney World GIANT TURKEY LEG.

Okay... so there are so many awesome things about this Giant Turkey Leg...let me enumerate:

1) Apparently they are prepared in the most delectable way ever. Disney World even is the one who created the rolling brine thingies that the legs are cooked in.

2) There's something especially visceral about just chowing the fuck down on a hulking piece of bird. Like it's something the Vikings would do, and if you know me... I do like Vikings.

3) I don't feel there's quite enough whimsy in every day meals, and let me just say... These Giant Turkey Legs have whimsy to spare.

The Tofu Muchacha says that if I get one that she will help me eat it. I hope this is true. I hope, also that I will have a chance to get my picture taken while holding one.

In fact... there's one reason more than all others that these Giant Turkey Legs, something that I've never personally tried, has made one of the top 30 things about Disney World in my countdown...

It's that people look utterly ridiculous eating them. Nothing is quite as funny as seeing some old woman double fisting one of those fuckers. Nothing will make me giggle more easily than seeing a child with a leg of bird the size of his or her head, just gawking at it in horror and delight and hunger. It's a sight to behold.
And now... The Disney Trivia Question of the Day

Question: Approximately how many of these Giant Turkey Legs are eaten every year at Walt Disney World?

If you think you know, please send an e-mail to blog@beefymuchacho.com

Everyone with the correct answer will receive a point. An incorrect answer gets 1/2 a point. The person with the most points will get a Limted Edition Pin purchased during my stay.

Standings are being updated daily at http://www.beefymuchacho.com/ on the "Contests" page.

I'll repost the questions with the answers at the end of the contest.

No comments: