Tuesday, July 19, 2011

You're Fucking Kidding, Right?


Look. I'm not one to belabor a point. I'll wait til you stop laughing.

Many of you will remember my previous entries on the subject of political bumper stickers generally, and MY own political bumper sticker specifically. I believe that I have made my stance on "Anti" Obama stickers very clear. I also believe that I have made my stance on the harassment of someone solely based on their BUMPER STICKERS very clear. To summarize:
Anti-Obama Stickers = Pointless, sad, (and possibly racist) Sticker Harassment = Pointless, weird, creepy.
Okay... so now that we have that out of the way, let me just say.

You Obama-hating mother fuckers have gone too far.

I have been violated. I have been vandalized. I am really fucking mad.

This evening, the Tofu Muchacha and I went to a nice dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant, and then headed to the grocery store. Both of these took place in what is essentially our extended neighborhood. The place we call home. I mean... I already am feeling all jumbled up about my own home because of the terror of the cats, but that's for another blog altogether.

So anyway, we come out of the grocery store and the TM says "Obama's Gone!"

I wasn't sure what she meant at first, because it's not a thing you can just understand out of context, but then I looked at my car and noted that the notorious Obama/Biden sticker was GONE.

No more Obama Dog. That's what my friend Colette dubbed my car because of the 2 stickers. You can see the 2nd one still in the picture above. The Obama sticker stuck opposite the key hole from the dog sticker.

Now, if you've ever seen or touched a bumper sticker, you'll know that there's no fucking way that thing just fell off. Sticker properties notwithstanding, I've also checked on it relatively regularly ever since I started really thinking about how pissed people seem to get about it. Never once did it even demonstrate a loose corner.

That leads me to only one conclusion. Some mother fucker robbed it. Or at least peeled it off and discarded it.

This is not acceptable.

I'm sorry, but I don't care if my sticker was of a throbbing open sore. I don't care if it was a picture of a murder. Going up to a stranger's car and removing an item is nothing more than theft. This goes back to the whole "leave the stranger alone, because the stranger might be crazier than you" thing. What if I'd come out and seen this person violating my car, and I was all... "You know... I was planning on bludgeoning someone at the Walmart later, but whatever... they'll do."

Or maybe more realistically, what if I just called the cops. What you've done is illegal! You've vandalized my car. You've damaged my property.

You've also made whatever point you feel like you're making, but it has had the absolute opposite effect of your intent. While I'm unlikely to be swayed toward your ridiculous, close-minded, tea-party nonsense anyway, now I not only completely disagree with that self-same close-minded, ridiculous, tea-party nonsense, but... I also want to add "irrational and a whole lot creepy".

What the fuck is wrong with people?

I don't like Sarah Palin, but I don't go scrawling "idiot" on all the SARAH! stickers no matter how much I want to. I might call her an idioton my blog, but that's just a thing people say on their blogs. I have no real support for that (aside from the idiocy), but the point is... it's my blog. I can say that. I can say anything I want. But I can't say it ON someone elses' personal property.

Am I weird to feel like I want to go the opposite way now? I was totally down with just having my quiet little Obama sticker (a replacement has been ordered already, so SUCK IT!).

But now... I dunno. I think I want to really make a statement. Here are the stickers I'm considering:









See? Now those are making a statement. Funny as hell, and clearly taking a position. You can't come back from any of these. You are clearly who you are. All I had was a simple "OBAMA/BIDEN" sticker. Not now.

I'm taking suggestions. The best Liberal bumper sticker goes on my car. Right next to my replacement Obama /Biden sticker.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I've never wanted a bumper sticker on any car I've owned because I feared retaliation from a wacko......but I always thought that was an irrational fear. Guess not. How bizarre that someone would be bold enough to peel off Obama!

The Kemper Clan said...

I didn't realize I was actually putting my life in danger by getting in your car. Perhaps if you even out that Obama sticker with a McCain/Palin sticker the your car will be in political harmony. Seriously though, surely you realize that there's whackos on both sides of the aisle and that they make up a very small minority of both parties. You had a conservative contaminate your car last month and the sticker corners came out unscathed. :)

Anonymous said...

i <3 gay fetuses

Beefy Muchacho said...

Greg-

There are definitely wackos on both sides... I think that's an even bigger reason to leave people's property alone. You never know what kind of nut is behind that sticker, and what that nut will do when you mess with their car.

Personally, I believe a 4 year old Obama/Biden sticker is pretty tame compared to the "Buck Ofama" stickers, or any of the stickers I posted above. What if I'd stuck something ACTUALLY inflammatory on my car? Would my tires have been slashed? Would my life actually have been in jeopardy?

I, personally, have no issues with disagreements, and differences of opinion. I think it's okay to have conservative people in my car. The funniest thing is... I have never really considered myself liberal enough on enough issues to categorize myself as strictly liberal. Other people have been much freer in classifying me.

I always felt like I could get along with most anyone, because I'm not easily classified.

If a person's entire position on me is based on my bumper stickers, I feel sorry for them.

The Kemper Clan said...

Agree. Be thankful that was all that happened. I had my car keyed in Austin (University of Texas-land) because I had a Texas A&M sticker on my back window.

Jennie said...

Love this post!

Sabrina said...

Oh, Beefy. I just love the passion in your blog!