Saturday, November 29, 2008

Some sort of Milestone

Hey Folks!

Happy 2nd Day after Thanksgiving!

Anyway, I wanted to post my football picks for tomorrow's games and touch on some other minor things, but first... A celebration of this blog.

I started this particular blog in June. Sort of as a more publicly available alternative to my MySpace blog that for work reasons has to remain private. Plus, not everyone has MySpace and let's be honest here... My words are meant for a larger audience. Well... I believe that last night I finally achieved some sort of actually cool milestone.


Take a good look at the image above. Notice anything? As of last night my blog has been visited by people on 6 different continents. When that poor sap in Brisbane, Australia went onto Google searching for tattoos and came across this... well... I must admit that I'm thrilled. I feel bad for that guy, because I'm sure that it didn't provide him with the Japanese character for "Whale's Vagina" that he was looking for, but it sure makes me feel special.

In case you're curious, there's been 1 blog entry in particular that has garnered the most random visitors to my page. This one. I'd rather not venture a guess as to what they were looking for. I'd say it's fairly obvious.


So anyway, that made my day today. Also making news is the University of Cincinnati football team, who won the Big East yesterday. It's the Bearcat's first outright conference title of any kind in something like 40 years and they officially will represent the Big East in the BCS game, which is certainly the biggest deal, football-wise, in school history. I love this team. It's fun to watch, they've got a great coach, and for once football is strong in Cincinnati. In fact, Elder High School will be playing for the state title today as well. Go Cincinnati sports!

Here we go with my NFL Picks...

Last week I went 8-8 bringing my overall record to 104-72-1 (fucking tie)

I'm 2-1 on Thanksgiving.

San Francisco @ Buffalo
PICK: BILLS

Baltimore @ Cincinnati
PICK: RAVENS

Indianapolis @ Clevland
PICK: COLTS

Carolina @ Green Bay
PICK: PANTHERS

Miami @ St. Louis
PICK: RAMS

New Orleans @ Tampa Bay
PICK: SAINTS

New York Giants @ Washington
PICK: GIANTS

Atlanta @ San Diego
PICK: FALCONS

Pittsburgh @ New England
PICK: PATRIOTS

Denver @ New York Jets
PICK: JETS

Kansas City @ Oakland
PICK: RAIDERS

Chicago @ Minnesota
PICK: VIKINGS

Jacksonville @ Houston
PICK: TEXANS

I promise to finish my post on Twilight this weekend some time. Then I'll be out of town for most of next week, so the posting will be "as available".


No comments: