(NOTE: This picture has very little to do with today's topic, but I'd looked for it 2 weeks ago when I wrote about the Turkey Legs and wasn't able to find it. I labeled it "Guido Turkey Legs" in my files. Just felt like now was as good a time as any to post it.)
Oh. My. God. I'm into the final 10 days. The excitement is almost too much to bear at this point.
I've gone to Disney by myself 3 times.
I know that sounds kind of pathetic, but I just wanted to go real bad, and I didn't want to coordinate with anyone else.
Anyway... the only thing that sucks about going alone is eating alone. It's not that I am embarrassed or anything, but damn is it boring. I think I almost memorized the hidden mickey's book the last time I went.
My favorite place to go to eat when I go alone is also one of my favorite places with other people. It's easily my favorite chain restaurant in all the world... It's The Rainforest Cafe.
There are 3 reasons I love it so much, especially when I go alone.
1) The atmosphere is lively and entertaining, which isn't always what I look for in my restaurants, but it keeps things interesting when you don't have conversation to rely upon.
2) It's one of the few restaurants in WDW that has a bar with a TV. Usually tuned to sports programming. In fact, I distinctly recall watching the Steelers vs. Jets Overtime playoff game from one of those fancy bar stools at The Downtown Disney location.
3) The food is better than most other chain places, and it's expensive but not insanely priced.
I think a good bit of my love of The Rainforest Cafe has to do with my nostalgia of Vacations Past as well... I remember going to The Rainforest twice in the Summer of 1998 and having Dee Anne and I discover the joys of the China Island Chicken Salad, which I maintain is the best big salad dish I've ever eaten.
I'll admit that the Rainforest loses points with me on my countdown for 2 reasons...
1) It's not unique to Disney. There are about 15 locations, nation-wide. I've been to the one in Chicago and Las Vegas. My cousin Abbey has been to the one in San Antonio. I hate to say it, but a chain, no matter how good it is, is still a chain.
2) After my surgery, I've struggled a bit to find things that I can comfortably eat. Most of the items are just too big to finish, and as many of you who know me know... I don't like leftovers in the comfort of my own home. I definitely don't like them during vacation. Just seems like a waste.
Still... I'll always be grateful to The Rainforest Cafe for keeping me company and providing me yummy delights during what would have otherwise been lonely, boring meals.
And now... The Disney Trivia Question of the Day
Question: The gift shop at the exit of Star Tours is currently called ____?
If you think you know, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Everyone with the correct answer will receive a point. An incorrect answer gets 1/2 a point. The person with the most points will get a Limted Edition Pin purchased during my stay.
Standings are being updated daily at http://www.beefymuchacho.com/ on the "Contests" page.
I'll repost the questions with the answers at the end of the contest.
The Pixie Duster Quiz
3 years ago