Wednesday, October 7, 2009

12 Days to Disney: It's That Time of Year


There are 12 Days left of this Epic Blog Countdown. When I wrote "12 Days to Disney" the first thing I thought of was the Twelve Days of Christmas song that makes people insane every year, but then I thought to myself:

"Hey... Holidays at Disney World are AWESOME! I should write a blog about that!"

So here I am.

I'm not an overly religious person (or a religious person at all for that matter), but even I get into the holiday spirit from time to time, and I'll readily admit that it's difficult to ignore how beautiful the whole experience is when Disney does it.

They really go all out... There are trees in every park (non-denominational, of course) and buntings and lights everywhere. Things are "Winterized" and it's just super pretty. There's the Osborne Family (no... not THAT Osborne family) Holiday light display, which was basically inspired by some crazy dude in Arkansas decking his house with so many lights that it was visible from space or something.

The Grand Floridian has a giant gingerbread house. Most of the hotels have holiday themed decor set-up.

The characters are all dressed like Dickens characters. It's totally awesome.

Even the opening show is all Holidayed up... There's the opening show at Magic Kingdom with the train and Mickey welcoming all of the guests, and there are giant snowflakes and whatever else.

The last time I was there Mickey shouted "Happy Holidays Everybody!" and some crazy person shouted back "You mean Merry Christmas!!" and I swear Mickey nearly backhanded him....

That's a pet peeve of mine, by the way...the whole "They're stealing the holidays from Jesus" bullshit. For another blog.

In any case, I'm all for getting into the Non-denominational Holiday spirit, and nobody does it better, or prettier than Disney.

And now... The Disney Trivia Question of the Day

Question: In order to play Sulley from Monsters Inc. in the parks, what is the height range a person must fall within?

If you think you know, please send an e-mail to blog@beefymuchacho.com

Everyone with the correct answer will receive a point. An incorrect answer gets 1/2 a point. The person with the most points will get a Limted Edition Pin purchased during my stay.

Standings are being updated daily at http://www.beefymuchacho.com/ on the "Contests" page.

I'll repost the questions with the answers at the end of the contest.

No comments: